The first part of our bodies where we can start noticing the signs of aging, is, without doubt, the eye area. Learning how to properly care for the skin under your eyes, and improve its look and feel.
The right routine and care are essential to keep the skin around your eyes healthy and attractive. Products formulated with high antioxidant content, and calming botanical extracts, can help you delay the appearance of wrinkles, bags, and puffiness around your eyes.
Below we share some tips to help you prevent premature aging and to give your eye contour area the exquisite care it deserves.
¿When to Apply Eye Cream?
It is essential to start using an eye contour cream from the age of 25, as a preventive treatment. From 30 to 35 years old, the frequent use of eye cream will be your best ally to keep a youthful and attractive look.
As part of your daily skincare routine, make sure to remove the makeup in your eyes with a cleansing lotion or soft oil. Make sure to be gentle and not to pull your skin, as it is a very delicate area. Cleansing is essential to eliminate impurities and allow any product you use to be fully absorbed.
The next step should be applying an eye contour cream with a nutritious and light texture, both in the morning and at night, to help with hydration and give you a hydrated and luminous look.
Choosing formulas with ingredients that refresh and nurture this delicate area is as important as learning to apply them correctly.
By applying it in the morning, we hydrate the area and reduce the puffiness around the eyes after a night of sleep. Using the eye cream at night helps revitalize tired skin.
Eye Cream: How to Apply?
- Remove your make up with a soft lotion or cleansing oil. Your skin shouldn't feel dry after removing it, but hydrated and clean. Start from the root of the eye moving outwards, using soft movements and avoiding to rub or pull your skin
- Apply one drop of cream by gently patting it with your ring finger (it's the weaker finger), starting from the bone under your eyebrow up to half an inch under your eye. Press lightly, without pulling your skin, to stimulate circulation on the area.
- If you experience undereye bags, apply your eye cream with light taps from the outer part of the eye to the lacrimal sac, to stimulate the muscles and circulation of the lymph system.
- If you want to reduce bags, wrinkles, and fine lines, choose a formula that includes nutritious and hydrating ingredients to help you soften fine lines progressively.
- To reduce visual stress and fight eye bags and wrinkles, use a series of simple exercises and massage to relax and strengthen your eye muscles, and improve circulation in the area.
If you don't have much time, just rub your hands to warm them up and press lightly with your hand's palms over your eyelids for 2 to 3 minutes.
Tips to properly take care of your eye area
- Make sure to sleep at least 7 to 8 hours every day.
- Stay hydrated (Drink from 1.5 to 2 liters of water every day)
- Apply every morning and night a small amount of our quick absorption Restorative Eye Cream with Matrixyl and CoQ10, that improves your skin's tone and elasticity while providing an intensive hydration
- Avoid excessive consumption of salt, alcohol, and tobacco, to diminish liquid retention and eye puffiness.
- Increase your consumption of foods with a high content of vitamin C, they favor collagen production and give you healthier skin.
¿How do you take care of your eyes? Tell us more!